Explore the breathtaking landscapes of Sikkim with an exhilarating Sikkim bike trip by Tripoventure. Feel the thrill as you embark on a memorable bike ride through the majestic mountains of Sikkim. Our mountain biking in Sikkim offers adventure enthusiasts the perfect opportunity to conquer challenging terrains while soaking in the unparalleled beauty of this Himalayan region. The winding roads will give you the thrills of adrenaline as well as a life-long adventure. Explore Lush Green Valleys, breathtaking waterfalls, and ancient roads made of tarmac that were part of the old silk route. This is what makes Sikkim the ideal place to go for Bike riding. If you’re looking for something that challenge you physically and mentally, our Sikkim Bike Trip are sure to leave a lasting impression on you!
You’ll ride on Royal Enfields along those long, rounded roads before leaving the roads to discover the breathtaking beauty of the incredible North Eastern State – Sikkim. Enjoy the thrill of riding when you travel through the breathtaking landscape in the area. Get to know locals and learn about their daily lives. Also, learn about the customs and culture they adhere to. It’s a lifetime trip!
Most bikers prefer Sikkim’s North Sikkim route from all the routes within Sikkim. The trail runs across the most picturesque landscape of Sikkim. Starting in Gangtok, the trail passes through a charming little town known as Lachen and ends at the stunning Gurudongmar Lake.
With Tripoventure, experience the ultimate adrenaline rush as you navigate winding roads, picturesque valleys, and stunning vistas on your Sikkim bike ride. Whether you’re a seasoned biker seeking an adrenaline-packed journey or a nature enthusiast craving an adventurous escapade, our Sikkim bike trip guarantees an experience that combines the love for biking with the allure of Sikkim’s awe-inspiring landscapes. Gear up for an extraordinary mountain biking escapade with Tripoventure and create lasting memories amidst the scenic wonders of Sikkim.
Top Places to visit in Sikkim on your Bike Trip:
Sikkim is “the land of peace and tranquility,” testified by its breathtaking landscapes and benevolent people. Sikkim has a lot to offer, and here are a few places which you can explore on your Bike trip to Sikkim.
- Nathula Pass: It is located in the Himalayas and connects India with Tibet. Nathula is situated at 4310 m above sea level and forms a part of a side-shoot of the pre-historic Silk Road.
- Lachen: It is a distant village and winter home for Tibetan nomadic tribes. I is also famous as the gateway to the sacred Gurudongmar and Tso Lhamu lakes.
- Lachung: On the other hand, is a high-altitude Tibetan village comprising Tibetan and Bhutia people. This small village is a feast to the eyes with its spectacular landscapes.
- Yumthang valley: The Valley of Flowers is approximately 25 Kms from Lachung. It is a gorgeous valley surrounded by snowcapped mountains.
- Gurudongmar Lake: Located at a height of 17,800 ft, it is one of the highest lakes in the world. Named after Guru Padmasambhava, famously known as Guru Rinpoche, the lake is considered sacred.
- Gangtok: Apart from being the capital city of Sikkim, Gangtok is a beautiful city. Gorgeous silver-fir trees, never-ending walking trails, and the people’s hospitality will leave you amazed.
Best Time for North Sikkim Bike Tour:
Determining the ideal time to visit Sikkim on your bicycle is essential. This is why we have put together a short guide to help plan your long-awaited bike trip to Sikkim.
- Sikkim in the Summer: Summers in Sikkim is delightful and beautiful. The temperatures range from 5 to 25 degrees Celsius, with cool nights. This is also the ideal time to visit Gurudongmar Lake, Yumthang valley, Nathula Pass, Rumtek Monastery, and many other places.
- Sikkim during Monsoon: During the monsoon season, Sikkim receives heavy rainfall leading to a fall in temperature. The temperatures range from 4 to 15 degrees Celsius. While the weather can be pleasant and cool, there are better times to travel during this time. The area is vulnerable to landslides and, therefore, dangerous to travel.
- Sikkim within Winters: Winter is one of the ideal seasons to travel to Sikkim. If you love snow, you must take a trip during the winter months. The snowfall that falls at Yumthang valley Gangtok, Pelling, and Lachung is a fantastic spectacle to behold. The temperature is between -5 degrees Celsius and 7 degrees Celsius.
Permit needed for Sikkim Bike Ride:
International borders bound Sikkim. Sharing its borders with Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan, Sikkim’s location is important, both sensitive and strategic. Therefore, security concerns in the region are high. Hence, it becomes crucial for travelers to obtain a permit.
There are entry restrictions to a few places in Sikkim for both Indians and Foreigners. Permits to visit such places are issued in Gangtok. If you hire a bike from Tripoventure , we will take care of all the necessary permits and documentation.
Browse our popular Domestic Holiday packages: Andaman Nicobar package, Andaman Diglipur Tour Package with Baratang, Tawang Tour Arunachal Pradesh, Kaziranga Package Tour from Guwahati, Dooars Tour Package, Shimla Manali Tour Package, Hampta Pass Trek, Kashmir Tour Package, Ladakh Tour Package,Shillong tour package, Meghalaya Tour Packages, Lava Lolegaon Rishop Tour, Sandakphu Phalut Trek, North Sikkim Tour, Gangtok Tour Package, Pelling Tour, Darjeeling Gangtok Tour Packages, Silk Route Tour, Vizag tour package
So, pickup your phone and give us a call for any kind of package booking or assistance at +91-7478325580.
Note: This is just a suggested itinerary indicative of what could be possible. We tailor holidays for your specific needs. Contact us if you want modifications so that we could tailor a holiday to suit your need for an unforgettable North Sikkim Bike tour.
North Sikkim Bike Tour Plan for Six Days at a glance
After your arrival in Siliguri, you will check-in at the hotel, where you will first get indulge in briefing and then the allocations of Bike. We will then start our journey to the beautiful hill town of Gangtok. Today you can rest and explore the very happening Mall Road .Overnight stay in the hotel.
Today morning, We will commence our bike trip to Sikkim. After bike allocations we will ride to Nathu La Pass and return back to Gangtok. Nathu La is a mountain pass in the Dongkya Range of the Himalayas between China’s Yadong County in Tibet. The pass is at the height of 4,310 m.
Gear for Today’s Adventure, We will start our journey towards Lachen. You will say bid goodbye to the beautiful city of Gangtok and embark to your next destination in the holy lands of North Sikkim which is Lachen. Interestingly to know this route was also taken by Guru Nanak Dev Ji on his way to North Sikkim. Enroute we will take a halt at Mangan for permits and then proceed towards Chungthang, Then we will leave for Lachen, which also the base for Gurudongmar. The altitude of Lachen is quite high, so you might come across bumpy pathways, relax and get acclimatize to the high altitude.Overnight stay at Hotel / Guest House in Lachen.
After breakfast in the morning, We will proceed our journey to explore Beautiful Valley of Sikkim. At first, you will ride to North Sikkim Plateau, Road are bumpy and if its raining then slushy too. You would enjoy the off roads towards Gurudongmar Lake, The beautiful Gurudongmar Tso will welcome you with freezing waves. Gurudongmar Lake is one of the highest lakes in the world, which is located at the altitude of 17,800 ft. Spend some relaxing time there and we will start our journey back, which is summoned as the valley of rhododendron flowers. In the evening, you can spend the rest of the time at your own leisure or visit the Lachung Monastery. Overnight stay in Lachung.
Another adventurous day is waiting for you. After early Morning breakfast, We will embark on the journey to Yumthang Zero Point, where snow clad mountains are waiting for you, crooked pathways and if you get lucky you might even see frozen river or half frozen river, depending on the weather conditions. Atmosphere would be very cold there, make sure carry warm clothes. After lunch, You will come back to Lachung for an Overnight stay.
Today we start the last day of our ride and have a scrumptious breakfast, we ride through the curvaceous hills to reach our destination Siliguri. We will end the trip in the city and bid all the riders a good bye only to meet again sometime on the road.