The Old Silk Route, which passes through East Sikkim, is a part of the ancient network of trade routes connecting China to India. This route passed through Lhasa, Nathu La, and Jelep La Pass and finally reached the port of Tamralipta (present Tamluk in West Bengal) from where it took to the sea and reached far east. This Ancient Silk Route is expected to have been discovered by traders as early as First Century AD. Our Silk Route tour plan allows you to travel along this ancient trading route, encompassing Sikkim’s most breathtaking places.
Each location on the Silk Route itinerary reveals a beautiful aspect of this unique region lined with sparkling lakes, lush valleys, and breathtaking mountain ranges. Therefore, book the Silk Route tour plan with us, and let us take you to this undiscovered region of Sikkim that will captivate your heart with tranquil views and stunning natural beauty.
Silkroute Sikkim Tour Highlights:
- Enjoy the stunning sunrise from Thambi View Point.
- Witness the zig-zag Zuluk loops.
- Be awestruck by the beauty of pure Kupup Lake and Menmecho Lake.
- Enjoy the best golf course in the world.
- Explore the enchanting Tukla Valley and Nathang Valley.
Silkroute Tour Plan-Things to Remember:
- The most important thing to remember is never to expect luxury accommodation while traveling Silk Route. You cannot expect luxury meals, facilities, etc., because it is an isolated and mountainous region.
- It would be best to carry many woolen clothes, gloves, sweaters, and caps to guard your body from frigid temperatures.
- We recommend not staying in high-altitude areas when traveling with the elderly or children since it could cause nausea, headaches, and dizziness for children and the elderly.
- Keep a set of transparent glasses, sunglasses, a torch and gas lighter, a power bank, small knives, and other essential things. Also, carry a first aid box and other items.
- Bring the original photo Ids Proof, such as a Voter ID Card, and a passport-size photo to get a Silk Route Permit. You must carry a birth Certificate and ration cards in the case of minors.
Accomodation & Food for Silkroute Tour:
Apart from some of the places in the foothills, all other staying options along the circuit are homestays. One can expect clean rooms with attached western toilets in almost all. Some of them are even more luxurious with TVs and Room-heaters. Also, the hotel attendants are considerate and caring enough to give you the best value for your money.
Apart from Rongli, there aren’t any restaurants or eateries elsewhere. So all our homestays which we provide also comes with standard dining facilities. You don’t have to go anywhere else to hunt for your favorite dishes. You can get your best soulful dish under the same roof only!
Permit for Silk route Tour:
You will need Protected Area Permits to travel to East Sikkim, i.e., the old Silk Route. Permits can be obtained by visiting the Sikkim tourist Centre at Gangtok or contacting Tripoventure. You will need valid identity proof and passport-size photographs to acquire the Sikkim silk route trip permit. You also need to keep the original ID proofs ready in your hand, as it may be asked at the check posts. However, you do not need to take any headaches; Tripoventure can arrange that.